Navigating Social Media for Social Entrepreneurship
by IMM Magazine - January 23, 2020
Did you know that focusing on building your company's social media presence is the number one cause of stress? *Insert awkward pause* These statistics are false, and highly unlikely, but they feel real, don't they? Having a great social media presence can help your business grow like hotcakes. But, this will only happen after you developed a steady, large following and learn how to give them what they really want.
See below for a few ways on maximizing your engagement rate and growing your audience:
1. Let them know you are human: You just posted something really cool and now you have a few comments. What's the next step? ENGAGE. Respond. Create a conversation. Like the comment and respond to your fan. This is how you develop loyal "customers" and exude great customer service.
2. Produce valuable content: You also want to ensure you are producing the most valuable content - not only into your blog but also on your social networking accounts. Having the best content helps showcase your business and website, which brings in more customers and more money.
3. Optimize your social media accounts: Optimizing your social media accounts means using keywords. Use the keywords that go with your business. Think of what your customers are looking up on Google or other search engines, and use those keywords in your posts.
4. Add your social media icons to your professional emails: Think about it: You send out emails all day long. If you have your social media icons in your email, people will likely get curious and start to check out your pages and eventually, your website. This is a great way to grow your social media presence.
5. Get Creative with it: This last one falls under #2. Get creative and check out some pretty funny Holidays and tailor them to your business. Are you a makeup artist and it's "National Chocolate Day?" You can pay homage to this by highlighting your top "Chocolate-Based Beauty Products Too Sweet To Pass Up." Are you a clothing boutique that frequently sends out merchandise to customers and it's "National Thank Your Mailman Day"? Record video snippets of your employees showing your appreciation to your local post office workers. Make it personable and above all, make it creative!